Rollers and hinges should be replaced with your garage door up.
First you will be required to unscrew the bolts that are attached to the hinges.
Move the hinge outward from the door to move away from the roller track.
You should do the same to the other new hinges that you would like to install.
When reattaching the hinge, tip the roller back into the track, and position the hinge.
- If you are dealing with a bottom hinge, remove all tension from the cable by unwinding the springs.
- (Note: This is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS, if you are uncomfortable with this contact us at Mighty Garage Doors)
- Remember, the weight of the spring itself exerts a good amount of force, so, if disconnecting the cable is too difficult contact a professional (some cables are permanently attached to the lower bracket, making replacement an art form)
- Do the roller replacement routine described at the beginning of this section.
- Once all bolts are fastened down, remove all clamps, braces, etc., and test door manually a few times. Then, reengage the garage door opener if you have one, and make sure it works smoothly.